posted Jun 19, 2010, 2:45 AM by Julian Garner
updated Oct 17, 2010, 7:59 AM
10 June 2010.
The Men's Group had another good session - this month looking at how we can nurture our faith while on holiday.
We talked about 'Christian holidays' and conferences such as Lee Abbey, Spring Harvest Holidays (image right), New wine and Greenbelt, and also thought about how we can take time out on any holiday to reflect on and nurture our faith.
Comments on why (christian) holidays enable us to nurture our faith included:
The Men's Group 'Top Ten Tips' for nurturing your faith on holiday ...
- It can provide a focus on faith/Christianity
- It can provide a common interest ... gives permission to chat about our faith
- A chance to talk, to get to know people better, and to talk more deeply about issues
- Holidays often provide opportunities to appreciate creation around us
- A chance to re-connect with Christian 'heritage' (eg churches, holy places)
- They can provide a still quiet place away from the normal routine of life.
Some Christian holidays are listed here
- Take mp3 talks or christian music with you
- Chill out and talk to people ... and learn to love them
- Don't leave your bible at home
- Swith off!
- Visit the local church
- Experience church in a different culture
- Give thanks for things
- Find a still, quiet place
- Take the chance to re-visit core values and priorities in your life
- ... didn't get to 10 ... the curry arrived!
There are further details on the Men's Group